Talbot House offers seven historical bedrooms:
The Berat room, the Blanckaert room, the General's room, the Dunkirk room, the Pettifer room, the Baron room, the Trefusis room and the Vandewalle room.
Each room has its own washbasin with hot and cold water and on each floor there is a common sanitary room with showers and toilets which are cleaned daily.
Every room is named after a historical person, event, item, ... valuable to the house or the association.
This room is named after the first stewards when Talbot House re-opened in 1931. René & Alida Berat loved and runned the place with cheerfulness and devotion.
The indefatigable Rolande Blanckaert is the one who organized the Belgian friends of Talbot House.
The bed in this room accommodated officers going on leave, and had two real sheets – sent to the wash alternately.
In May, 1940, Old Talbot House stood ready to serve the B.E.F. on their road to Dunkirk.
Arthur Pettifer was ‘glued’ to Tubby in 1915, never again to be separated as his faithful batman.
Barclay Baron faithfully served Toc H with his great literary and artistic gifts.
This room is used by our wardens.
Through his style and commitment as a ‘soldier of peace’ the Association’s President Jack Trefusis set an example to everyone at TH.
The Caretaker Angèle Suffys and her husband Sylvain Vandewalle served the House with the utmost enthusiasm.
TALBOT HOUSE EVERY MAN'S CLUB, POPERINGE, BELGIUM - COPYRIGHT 2016