Why visit Talbot House with your school?
- Visit one of the rare authentic places: Talbot House is one of the very few places that survives from during the Great War. It oozes authenticity and offers a unique experience. We can assist you through our educational resources and the Talbotousian School Brochure to make your visit an unforgettable one.
- GCSE & Subject relevance:
- Literature: Rev. Tubby Clayton left us countless inspiring Tales of Talbot House which can be used today during a visit, either through our educational resources or by booking a Tales of Talbot House Story Tour.
- Medicine & Mental Health: the new permanent exhibition offers a great insight into the Casualty Clearing Stations at Mendinghem. Our workshop on the medical evacuation & surgical treatment goes a step further still. But the whole ethos of Talbot House is that it was / is a heaven on hell where many a man came to find a taste of normal life and the courage to go back out to the trenches. It played a vital role in the mental wellbeing of the soldiers.
- End a tour on a happy note: By visiting Talbot House as a final stop, you don't just show the students the other side from the trenches, but also offer them the unique experience which the men would have had. When you enjoy a cup of tea, sing along to the piano, relax in a comfortable chair, play a game of chess or have your lunch in our green garden, you forget about the war and experience as the House comes to life.
Become part of the family: Through the Talbotousian Schools, we offer you the chance to develop a unique bond with the House, its history and its values. Many schools have been visiting us for years and we would like to welcome them into our Talbot House family.
Worksheets and extra tools are available to help you prepare your visit. Do not hesitate to get in touch with us to ask extra information.
TALBOT HOUSE EVERY MAN'S CLUB, POPERINGE, BELGIUM - COPYRIGHT 2020